- Professional coach with over32 years of work experience in coaching and player development (Head coach, Manager and Technical Director of various organizations in Germany and North America).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education with special emphasis on coaching soccer from the German College of Physical Culture in Leipzig (1980 – 1984)
- Holder of Top DFB (German Soccer Federation) Pro Coaching license; UEFA Pro License
TN leadership role:
As someone who has worked over 32 years in identifying, fostering, training, mentoring and propelling young athletes to professional careers (Owen Hargreaves, Kevin McKenna, Lars Hirschfeld, Tam Nsawila, Nik Ledgerwood, Adam Straith, Joseph Gyau, Russell Teibert, Kyle Porter, Caleb Clarke, Sam Adekugbe, etc.), and having been involved with some of the best youth academies in Europe (Dynamo Berlin, FC Bayern Munich), winning two Youth National championships, run an independent soccer training academy with an apprenticeship program realizing professional career opportunities (Thomas Niendorf Soccer Training Academy) in Calgary, having been technical director and head coach of USL first division clubs (Calgary Storm/Calgary Mustangs), and built and run a full functioning player development residency program under the umbrella of a professional organization (Vancouver Whitecaps), Thomas has the expertise, skill, passion and experience to establish the true academy/European development process in our work with the players.
Thomas is associated with Chinooks in a number of ongoing capacities:
1. Mentor – Thomas is mentoring our top coaches at Chinooks as they look to get the experience and develop their professional skills.
2. High Performance Technical Training – Thomas is involved with Chinooks running high performance technical training camps and sessions throughout the year, facilitated through his company the Pacific Soccer Institute.
3. High Performance Team Training and Exposure – Thomas is providing high performance technical training to Chinooks teams travelling to Victoria, BC through his venture the Pacific Soccer Institute. Teams will train and learn at a residential camp in Victoria, receiving professional instruction and exposure to opportunities to play high level pacific coast teams.
4. Player Identification Camps and Residential Professional Development Opportunities –Thomas operates a high performance professional development residency program in Victoria, BC through the Pacific Soccer Institute. The Chinooks are proud to support Thomas to identify players and support development opportunities for players from the Calgary market to join him in Victoria. These opportunities are full time residential schooling and player development for players aged 15 to 18 years old designed to provide a year-round environment for player development. Players attend an identification camp and only by invitation are they accepted into the program at the Pacific Soccer Institute.
The Chinooks are proud of the work we are doing together with Thomas Niendorf, and we encourage anyone with interest or questions to contact the Chinooks for further information.