A number of updates for the Indoor 2017-2018 season.
Although most members are aware, the Chinooks Lead Technical Trainer – Vikram Virk – is moving to Victoria for 8 months to work with Thomas Niendorf at the Pacific Soccer Institute. Vik will be mentoring under Thomas and help to deliver on the Pacific Soccer’s Institute mandate over the course of the 2017-2018 academic year for the academy there. We wish Vik all the best for his internship with Thomas, and of course hope to see him back in Calgary at the end of the school year (or sooner!). Best of luck Vik!
We are pleased to advise members that Miguel Eligon, who has been working with Vik in a Lead Technical Trainer and Coaching role, will take the lead for Chinooks Academy and Coaching for the start of the Indoor 2017-2018 season. Miguel has recently embarked on achieving his National B Coaching License certification, has played at the University/College level, and is valuable asset in delivering on the quality training and philosophy of the Chinooks Club.
Registration is ongoing. Please get registered for the indoor season. www.chinooksoccer.com
– we have space in our CMSA teams at a number of age groups – U8, U10, U12, U14 and U16 – and would welcome new registrations at any of these age groups to come join Chinooks
– please let your friends and neighbours know about our expanded GRASSROOTS program offering for U4, U5/6 and U7/8. Super flexible scheduling options, with great value for money, all being held at a single central location (Absolute Dome), allows younger players who want an introduction to soccer or those players that want to keep their skills fresh during the winter a great opportunity to get out with friends
– Grassroots open house is Tuesday September 12 at 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Rutland Community Centre (outdoor fields). Players U4 – U8, please come out and invite your friends and see what the program is all about!
– We have a continuation of our Grassroots program at Rutland Community Centre running for the next two weeks – Sept. 11 – 14 and Sept. 18-21 – U4s 6-7 p.m. M/W, U5/6s 7-8 p.m M/W, U5/6s 6-7 p.m. T/R and U7/8s 7-8 p.m. T/R. Existing spring Grassroots players come out to touch the ball again, and invite your friends!
– our U14 Boys finished in 4th place at outdoor 2017 provincials
– our men’s O35 Premier Chinooks Blackstars finished in 2nd place at outdoor 2017 provincials
Looking forward to a great indoor season, and see you on the pitch!